Friday, December 30, 2011

As We Approach the New Year

Thoughts of many things are in my mind as we approach the new year. Most of them begin by recognizing the fact that although the last year has been very challenging, it was also full of blessings. As I lay here recuperating from foot surgery two days ago and wondering in my mind HOW CAN PEOPLE WATCH SO MUCH TV? I am also contemplating my goals for the new year. I would love to once again try a photo a day for a year. I've never made it past February in the past and I think this would be my third try. It's definitely something I would like to do for myself and my family.

I look back on my oldest daughter's first year at college and yes I made it through it. (At least half of it). My baby girl will be 16 in a few weeks and my son will begin his senior year this fall. Once again I shake my head and wonder where has the time gone?

Professionally, this has been a great year. I continue to grow my private practice and most recently passed my LCSW certification. Really what this means for me is that I will have paying clients once I get on the insurance boards. Which brings me to my next biggest goal...paying off student loans! I love my jobs but often find myself torn between work and family. There never seems to be enough time for both.

Being a small business owner has capped off this being an especially tough year. Finishing my second graduate degree has meant more time with my family and more time doing things I love, e.g. working in my yard, reading, cross stitching, and learning again how to just sit around.

A goal for the new year is to work diligently to reduce debt and on a more trivial note...to scrapbook...regularly. After 5 years of graduate school, internships and homework there are many unfinished home improvement projects that can use my attention as well.

I hope to spend time this year with my family...as time goes on, people age and families change. I want to spend a moment cherishing my family in the point they are now and enjoying the moment.; that is my biggest goal. I wish you the very best 2012...

No comments: